HOW YOU CAN HELP AS A SALON
- I pledge to save water in my salon so that I can help foster a sustainable future with Pureologyand Green Cross International
- I will not run the tap unless I’m rinsing
- I will use my best judgment when rinsing clients – not every client needs to be rinsed twice
- I will fix leaky faucets and toilets immediately. A dripping tap can waste 15 litersof water a day
- I will install low-flow showerheads and taps. This can save over 50% on water when washing hair,without reducing client comfort
- I will limit towel use to one towel per cutting client and two per colour client, and willrun only full loads in washing machines to reduce the water and energy needed for laundry
- I will provide staff with water tumblers to minimize use of disposable water bottles
- I will offer filtered tap water, a more sustainable alternative to bottled water or a water cooler, because it reduces the amount of plastic ending up in our oceans and landfills
- I will actively track my water use
- I will tell my clients what I am doing to conserve water and inspire them to make their own impact
- Start by decreasing your shower time by one minute—you’ll save up to 1,825 gallons of water a year!
- Use a shower timer to remind yourself of how much time you’re spending in the shower
- Only run the shower when rinsing
- Wash only full loads of clothes or dishes.
- Fix leaky taps or toilets immediately—a leaky tap can waste 15 liters of water per day!
HOW YOU CAN HELP AS A CONSUMER
Share these tips with clients to let them know how they canreduce their environmental impact.