- Close to 1 billion people across the globe do not have access to drinkable water, leaving roughly one sixth of the world’s population at risk of contracting fatal diseases*
- One third of the world’s population lives in water-stressed countries – by 2025, that number is estimated to rise to two-thirds*
- Just 10 countries share 60% of the world’s natural, renewable water resources**
- When children lack access to clean water and sanitation, they are faced with life-threatening waterborne diseases such as diarrhea, cholera and typhoid
- To educate colourists and consumers about what they can do to conserve water every day
- To minimize our “water footprint” by decreasing the water consumption and water pollution associated with our products
- Improve our “blue footprint” by optimizing our formulations, packaging and manufacturing processs they require less water consumption
- Improve our “gray footprint” by introducing more biodegradable
what can you do?
- Run only full loads in washing machines and choose an energy efficient model
- Fix leaky faucets and toilets immediately.
- Install high efficiency faucets and toilets. Fitting low-flow attachments to faucets can save a massive 70% of water!
Learn more about our commitment to sustainability and partnership with Global Green.
*Source: Green Cross International **Source: Growing Blue