Five of The Easiest Summer Hairstyles You’ll Ever Try
There’s no shortage of chic, fresh, how’d-she-do-that hairstyles. The only problem? Some come with a million-and-one steps (and just as many products). With a few good hair styling products (all that will protect your hair color from the sun) even the most inexperienced hairstylers can keep these summer hairstyles on lock.
Look #1: The Bobby Pin-Up Hairstyle
- Add a pea-sized amount of Shine Bright Taming Serum and rub it between your hands, then apply the serum to the surface of hair to smooth down flyaways and deliver loads of hair shine.
- Prep bobby pins by spritzing them with Wind-Tossed Texture Finishing Spray for extra grip, then put them aside as you sweep back two to three-inch sections of hair from both sides of your head, crossing one section over the other in back.
- Secure hair with three exposed bobby pins in a triangle formation.
Look #2: The Half-Up Twist n’ Braid Hairstyle
- Use a medium-sized barrel curling iron to create beachy texture throughout hair, then mist in Beach Waves Sugar Spray to lock the waves in place and provide grip to hair.
- Gather hair from both sides of the head and pull back into a half-up pony and secure with a plastic elastic.
- Create a pocket of space between the ponytail and ‘flip’ hair through the hole to create a topsy tail, then create an inch or two long braid (an infinity braid is shown here) down the tail.
- Secure with an elastic, and let the rest of hair hang loose. Set the style with Soft Finish Hairspray
Look #3: Boho Braided Pigtails Hairstyle
- Mist hair with Refresh & Go Dry Shampoo from the roots to the ends for extra grip and to absorb any excess oil.
- Divide hair into two sections and create loose braids, securing each with a plastic elastic. (Leave three or so inches of unbraided hair out at the ends).
- Tug at the sides of the braids to create messier, fatter plaits, then finish by misting Soft Finish Hairspray over hair to lock in the style.
Look #4: Simply Shiny and Soft Hairstyle
- Blow out hair with a round brush, twisting hair with the brush at the ends for a soft, super subtle bounce.
- Work a pea-sized amount of Shine Bright Taming Serum between your hands, and smooth it over the surface of hair, eliminating flyaways and frizz.
- Add a little more product at a time until you’ve reached a desired level of smoothness and shine.
Look #5: The High-Volume Pony Hairstyle
- Spray On The Rise Root-Lifting Mousse throughout the roots of hair, then blow out hair with a round brush to create lift and volume in the crown and top of the head.
- Gather hair into a high ponytail, and secure with two elastics for extra lift
- Tease the tail of the pony with a comb for more fullness. (For added height, secure a few bobby pins vertically underneath the ponytail, through the hair tie).
Stay tuned for the launch of our new new styling collection featuring natural and vegan hair products this June!
To see more hair care and styling tips like and get sneak peeks at new hair product launches, follow @pureologyus on Instagram!