Make planning for your next date night a breeze with these easy, date night hairstyles and discover the best hair products to help you achieve your look.
Whether it’s the highly anticipated date number one, a casual date to a sporting event, or date night with the girls, showing up in style is a must, especially if you’re planning to document the moment with endless selfies. Check out these easy, date night hairstyles to help inspire you for your next big night. Plus, discover the best styling products to complete your look.
1. The Quick Hairstyle: Loose Waves
- Towel dry wet hair and apply Hydrate Air Dry Cream.
- Once it’s dry, you can either leave it wavy or use a curling iron to touch up any curls.
2. The Romantic Hairstyle: French Twist
This anti-frizz hair cream controls frizz on even the most rebellious coarse hair and protects from heat damage
- While your hair is damp, apply Smooth Perfection Intense Smoothing Cream
- Blow dry it straight.
- Start by gathering all of your hair to one side. To keep it secure, insert pins vertically starting at the nape and going to the middle of your head.
- Brush your hair to the opposite side and begin twisting your hair upward going counterclockwise. Tuck any pieces of hair that hang out into the twist and add pins throughout to secure it.
For extra control, finish by misting the updo with hairspray to keep it in place.
3. The Trendy Hairstyle: Sleek Half Updo
- After towel drying, apply Smooth Perfection Lightweight Smoothing Lotion to damp hair.
- Once the hair is straight, grab two small sections of hair from each side of your head and cross them so that they meet at the back.
- While holding the sections against your head, insert long bobby pins in any color vertically across for an eye-catching look that’s sure to turn heads.
4. The Flirty Hairstyle: Half-Up Ponytail
This volumizing mousse will help give the top of the ponytail instant fullness and root lift.
- Apply a walnut-sized amount of Clean Volume Weightless Mousse through damp hair.
- For extra volume after the hair is dry, you can try holding it up vertically and brushing a teasing comb in a downward direction toward the roots.
- Once you’re satisfied with the amount of volume, take an elastic and secure the top section so that it rests against the middle of the back of your head.
- Wrap a piece of hair around the elastic so that it covers it completely.
- Style the rest of the hair by using a curling wand to create ringlets or brush them out to form waves.
5. The Edgy Hairstyle: Mohawk Braid
The trick to making the braid as big as possible is to gently tug on the sides to loosen it up.
- Start by prepping damp hair with Smooth Perfection Smoothing Serum then blow dry.
- Separate a medium-sized piece of hair from the center of the hairline and clip away the rest of the hair on the sides.
- Begin creating a Dutch braid down the middle of the head moving toward the crown.
- Once you reach the nape of the neck, tie it off with an elastic.
- Unclip the hair on the sides and tie it into a ponytail with the braid. To conceal the hair tie, wrap a small piece of hair around the ponytail and pin it in place.
6. The Active Hairstyle: Dutch Braided Updo
- Start by spraying Clean Volume Instant Levitation Mist throughout the hair.
- Grab a three-inch section of hair from the corner of your forehead and split it into three pieces.
- Dutch braid the pieces by crossing the left and right strands underneath the middle strand.
- Continue grabbing pieces of hair from the sides and adding it to the original strands until all of the hair is braided and tie the end off with an elastic.
- Wrap the end of the braid up so that it rests next to the main Dutch braid and use bobby pins to hold the braids together.
For more easy hairstyle inspiration and tips from the pro’s, follow @pureology on Instagram!