We’ve all been there—stretching into our downward dogs only to catch a glimpse of our sad gym hairstyles in the studio’s mirror. Here are seven hairstyles that are actually easy to do to add to your gym hair care routine.
1. The Braided Ponytail Hairstyle
- Start by gathering your hair into a high ponytail and securing it with an elastic.
- Divide your hair into three sections and create a simple braid.
- Once you’ve reached the end of the braid, add an elastic to hold the style.
2. The Braided Messy Bun Hairstyle
- Begin a French braid and work your way towards the crown.
- Once you’ve reached the top of your head, gather the rest of your hair and wrap it into a simple messy bun hairstyle.
3. The Low Messy Bun Hairstyle
- Start by adding texture to your strands with a light sea salt spray and creating a low bun at the nape of your neck.
- To give the look of some added flair, gently pull the hair at your roots up slightly for some extra lift and volume.
This hairstyle is perfect for those days when you need to feel some zen. Apply a leave-in conditioner before such as Colour Fanatic Hair Treatment Spray to prep and perfect for smooth, moisturized hair.
4. The Rope Braid Hairstyle
- Start this style by pulling your hair into a sleek ponytail and securing your ends with an elastic.
- Take your ends, divide them into two sections and twist those sections around one another until you run out of hair and secure with another elastic
5. The Accessorized Topknot Hairstyle
- Start by securing your hair in a top knot hairstyle
- Then gather bobby pins and create a style of your choice!
Add some extra volume to the look by using a lightweight volumizing hair mousse such as Style + Protect Weightless Volume Mousse
6. Easy Teased and Braided Ponytail Hairstyle
- Tease the crown (the top) section of your hair for added height.
- Take a two-inch section of hair and begin braiding from your hairline to the ends. Secure the braid with a small elastic.
- Gather everything into a ponytail and secure with another elastic.
Give your ponytail some extra lift by applying Style + Protect Volume Instant Levitation Mist through your hair before you style.
7. The Double Buns Hairstyle
- Start by dividing your hair into two sections.
- Take your first section and twist the hair tightly.
- Once you have it as tight as you like, wrap the hair into the bun and secure at the nape of your next and repeat on the other side.
Have an easy hairstyle of your own to share? Tag @pureology in your best gym selfies to show off yours!